The Biogold bonsai fertilizer is very popular as an organic fertilizer in bonsai care. Biogold is easy to dose, odorless and economical. It was developed in Japan (Prof. Yamaguchi, Ibaragi University) and is produced by the Kyuka-En Bonsai nursery and exported all over the world. Biogold fertilizer can be used for all bonsai tree species.
Biogold contains as organic fertilizer all the important nutrients such as nitrogen (5.5%), phosphorus (6.5%) and potassium (3.5%) and all typical trace elements. Biogold can be used for all bonsai trees but also for other home, balcony and garden plants.
What are the advantages of Biogold bonsai fertilizer ?
- Biogold is an organic fertilizer with even release of nutrients, no risk of over-fertilization and no salinisation.
- Easy to dose: Use 1 pellet on 5x5cm earth surface. After 1-2 months, a pellet is added. The pellets are pressed into the bonsai soil
- Productive: The bonsai must be fertilized only every 6 weeks in the growing season from March to September
- No unpleasant smell. Biogold bonsai fertilizer will not be considered by pets and can be used for indoor bonsai.
- As a complete fertilizer Biogold contains all important nutrients and trace elements for a bonsai.
- Biogold is popular and has proven itself millions of times in Japan
- Suitable for all deciduous trees, coniferous trees, azalea bonsai and also for all other indoor plants
- Biogold is suitable for all Japanese bonsai soils such as Akadama, Kanuma and Kiryu
- If you fertilize, the for bonsai important mycorrhiza is not damaged
In our online shop we offer Biogold in different packaging from 240g to 5kg. Please choose below:
How to use ?
Biogold - usage
Biogold bonsai fertilizer is very easy to use and easy to dose. If you want to fertilize your bonsai tree simply place the 1-2cm pellets on the surface of the soil at a distance of about 5cm and press into the ground. If you pour before, this is easy. The fertilizer is degraded in the soil over time by microorganisms and releases the nutrients slowly and evenly.
This process depends on the temperature and humidity in the soil. The higher the temperature and the more moist the soil, the more fertilizer is released. So your bonsai get fertilizer in the growing season when they need it.
Fertilization is with Biogold bonsai fertilizer from March to September. During this time, you have to push new pellets into the ground every 6 weeks.
Alternatively, cover the pellets on the surface with fertilizer baskets and some sphagnum moss. It is also possible to dissolve the pellets in water. Put a hand ful of Biogold in a 10 liter water can and leave it in the sun for a few days. After that you can take the water for watering your bonsai. Advantage of this method: The warm water has an additional beneficial effect on root growth.