Larches (Larix) are excellent conifer bonsai for bonsai styling. In winter without needles, possibly with a few cones on the branches, a larch bonsai look particularly attractive. But also in spring the young shoots are always impressive.
What are the advantages of larches for bonsai design ?
- Larches are extremely hardy outdoor bonsai. We hibernate our bonsai trees outdoors
- Wounds close quickly and well, even without the use of wound closure sealant
- The barky bark is formed from the age of 15. The bark appear earlier in plastic plant pots than in the field
- Very attractive budding in spring. Cones often form on 15 year old bonsai trees
- With young larch prebonsai the air-layering to create perfect roots is easy. So - the creation of a good Nebari is simple
- Larch bonsai (especially Japanese larch) are hardly affected by pests or diseases
- The application of bonsai wire in winter is simple. Tree branches remain flexible for a long time. So - forming of older larches to create a good bonsai is easy.
Larch bonsai for sale
We mostly produce larch bonsai by ourselves (mainly Japanese larches) or import them directly from the producer. Here you can buy your larch bonsai. After an order has been placed on working days until 2pm, the bonsai tree will be send out on the same day. You get exactly the bonsai that you selected in the shop. Safely packaged.
Care in a nutshell
Irrigation: Never let it dry out, especially in midsummer. Preferably moderately moist
Pruning: Wound healing is very good, even without wound sealant. Older larches with short shoots need only little pruning. Use a bonsai scissors for pruning the young shoots and a sharp concave bonsai cutter for removing stonger branches.
Overwintering: Tolerates even wintering outdoors without protection