The bonsai pot has a great influence on the effect of the bonsai. The relationship between the bonsai pot and the bonsai tree is comparable to the relationship between a picture frame and a picture. The right frame underlines the effect of a picture. Likewise, the pot, discreetly in the background, should emphasize the charisma of our tree. A bonsai pot that is unsuitable in terms of color or size and shape can spoil the overall appearance of the bonsai design. That is why the search for the right bonsai pot is very important. Take your time choosing.
In order to facilitate the selection of the optimal bonsai pot, we have arranged our offer in groups.
- Bonsai pots glaced: Great glazes, especially for indoor bonsai, slip cast made
- Bonsai pots unglaced: Especially for indoor bonsai, slip cast made
- Bonsai pots handmade: Different clay colors, suitable for outdoor bonsai, handmade
- Bonsai pots large: From 45cm, glazed and unglazed ceramic (handmade) and plastic pots, for outdoor bonsai
- Bonsai pots plastic: Suitable for growing bonsai, durable and hard plastic, frost- and UV proof
- Plant container plastic: Nursery containers and flower pots made of plastic, for young bonsai plants and other seedlings
Bonsai pots for sale
We have been importing bonsai pots in large numbers from Asia for many years. Depending on the season, we have around 1000 different bonsai pots in stock. Due to the direct import at good prices. Tips for buying bonsai pots can be found at the end of this page. Here you can buy the right bonsai pot for your tree. Have fun choosing.
- Bonsai pot 50.5x41x12.5cm antique brown rectangular unglaced1 eachReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 42x36x11.5cm antique-grey rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 47x38x12.5cm antique-grey rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 45.5x36x10.5cm antique-grey rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 44x35x11.5cm antique-grey oval unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 45.5x36.5x10cm antique-brown rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 43.5x34.5x11cm antique-brown oval unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 46.5x37.5x12.5cm antique-grey oval unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 47x36x14.5cm antique-grey rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 29.5x29.5x18cm antique-grey other shape unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 28.5x28.5x17.5cm antique-brown square unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 38x38x14.5cm antique-grey round unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 39.5x34.5x11cm antique-grey lotus Shape unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 41.5x35.5x11cm antique-brown rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 46x42x12.5cm antique-grey other shape unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 46.5x37.5x12cm antique-brown rectangular unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 46x36.5x12cm antique-grey oval unglacedReady to ship
- Bonsai pot 37x37x14cm antique-brown round unglacedReady to ship
What should be considered when buying a bonsai pot ?
- The bonsai determines the size, shape, color and surface of the pot. It is best to think of the ideally fitting bonsai pot and then go looking for it.
- Always choose the right pot for a bonsai and not a bonsai for an existing bonsai pot. It is better to search a little more until you have found the right pot than to buy the first one. The choice of specialist dealers is huge. It just takes a little patience to find the right one.
- If possible, choose bonsai pots in a bonsai nursery and not online. Take the bonsai tree with you. At the bonsai dealer you can then place possible pots directly in front of the tree. This is the best way to assess whether the size, color, shape and structure of the bonsai pots match the tree.
- The problem with buying bonsai pots on site is: Only a few bonsai centers have a sufficiently large selection. Often the dealer in the area only has a small bonsai garden with a few pots. Our recommendation is: there should be at least 500 different pots. And even then it is often difficult to find the optimal bonsai pot. And not buying properly means buying twice.
- The quality of the bonsai and pot should match. Example: For a 30 Euro Fig tree bonsai with a large cut that has just been bought in the garden market, a hand-made bonsai pot for 180 Euro from the master potter is slightly oversized. Such a pot is more worthwhile for the great juniper bonsai from the last Japanese import.
- The outer dimensions and the visible shape of the bonsai pots must match the trees. If the root ball is still too big for the correct pot, then a larger pot should not be chosen. It is better to reduce the root ball in the next few years so that it fits into the optimal bonsai pot.