- Indoor bonsai
- Mediterranean bonsai
- Outdoor bonsai
- Japanese bonsai with video
- Bonsai pots
- Bonsai supplies
- Bonsai care
- Bonsai styling
- Bonsai tree species
Bonsai expert advice if needed
Our experience - your advantage
Own production of bonsai
Direct import = small prices
Immediate Shipping to Europe
Right to return and exchange
All major payment methods
SSL-Encryption = Your Security
Pumice gravel or pumice stone is a porous, spongy volcanic rock and much lighter than other rocks of volcanic origin. Pumice even floats on water. The bonsai friends like to use pumice gravel for various bonsai soil mixtures.
What advantages does Pumice gravel have as a bonsai substrate ?
- Very good air permeability - so much oxygen gets to the root cells of bonsai trees
- No tendency to soil compaction in bonsai substrates or as admixture to bonsai soils
- Excellent drainage properties. Very good against root rot after repotting the bonsai
- The high lime content of the pumice gravel counteracts soil acidification
If you want to buy Pumice gravel we offer different grain sizes in our shop. Please choose below. Orders until 14 o'clock will be sent out on the same working day.
How is pumice gravel used in bonsai care ?
- Pumice gravel are often bought as an additive for bonsai soil (10-20%)
- Pumice gravel can be used as a drainage layer on the bottom of bonsai pots
- For certain bonsai species or in cultivation of Prebonsai pumice gravel can also be taken pure
- Organic bonsai fertilizers such as e.g. Biogold, liquid fertilizer or Hanagokoro are well suited when using pumice
- Increase of humidity in indoor bonsai (pumice + water in a drip tray for bonsai pots)
- Varied use for decoration purposes. The offered pumice is very clean