Apple trees bonsai are particularly well suited trees for bonsai styling. Apple trees are found in almost every collection. Apples are good for entry into the hobby bonsai and it is a good bonsai for beginner.
What advantages do apple trees have for bonsai styling ?
- Many apple species (especially the ornamental apple) blooming abundantly as a bonsai tree
- Apple tree bonsai develop many fruits after flowering. They often hang long on the bonsai
- As an easy-care bonsai the apple tree is a good Bonsai for beginner or suitable as a present
- Rapid growth with good growth in thickness. You'll quickly develop good stems or branches
- Perfect wound closure. Even large wounds closed quickly after pruning a bonsai
- Lot of new bud develops after pruning. So it is easy to build a fine branching
- A number of species (Wild apple, Malus toringo, Malus halliana) are commercially available
Buy apple tree bonsai
We produce the apple tree bonsai by ourselves (wild apple bonsai, Japanese crabapple bonsai) or import them directly from the producer (ornamental apples). Here you can buy your apple tree bonsai. After a purchase on weekdays until 14 o'clock all orders are shipped the same day Europe-wide. You get exactly the bonsai that you have selected in the shop. Safely packaged.
Care in a nutshell
Irrigation: Do not keep too dry. Water an apple tree bonsai especially before and during flowering and fruit ripening evenly to ensure to have a lot of fruits next year.
Pruning: Do not remove too much the short shoots with flower buds. Use a bonsai scissors for pruning the young shoots. Larger branches are removed with a sharp bonsai concave pliers and the wounds are treated with wound closure agents. As a result, they close better and faster.
Overwintering: Tolerates even the lowest freezing temperatures in a plastic tent. Both the ornamental apple bonsai and the wild apples have no problem with temperatures of -10°C in winter. Apple tree bonsai only need to be protected from dry out (frozen soil) by the high humidity in the film tent / greenhouse.