Pumice is a porous, spongy volcanic rock. It is significantly lighter than other stones of volcanic origin and is mined in Germany in the Eifel.
Use of pumice gravel:
- Pumice gravel is very popular as an additive for bonsai soil mixtures (approx. 10-20%).
- Can be used as a drainage layer at the bottom of the bonsai pot
- For certain types of plants (e.g. boxwood) pumice can also be used pure
- Sometimes used to increase humidity (pumice + water in the saucer of a bonsai pot)
- Various uses for decorative purposes. The offered goods are very clean.
Beneficial properties of pumice gravel:
- Very good air permeability - so a lot of oxygen gets to the root cells
- Reduces the tendency to soil compaction in substrate mixtures or as an admixture to bonsai soil
- Excellent drainage properties (very good against root rot)
- High lime content - hardly any soil acidification
Content: 2 liters