Juniper bonsai (Juniperus) are ideal for bonsai styling. Particular popular are bonsai of Chinese juniper, Temple juniper and Common juniper. The bonsai care is not complex.
What are the advantages of juniper as a bonsai ?
- Juniper bonsai are very hardy outdoor bonsai and, as a bonsai tree, tolerate full sun
- This bonsai species is ideal for dramatic designs. Junipers are very long-lived and are rarely affected by diseases
Juniper bonsai for sale
Most of the juniper bonsai offered here were imported from Japan. Here you can buy your Juniper bonsai. Orders placed on weekdays until 2pm are dispatched the same day. Have fun choosing.
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 20 years, 22cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 20 years, 19cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 20 years, 32cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper Shimpaku, Prebonsai, 18 years, 48cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper Shimpaku, Prebonsai, 18 years, 50cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper Shimpaku, Prebonsai, 18 years, 47cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper Shimpaku, Prebonsai, 18 years, 43cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 27cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 29cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 34cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 26cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 33cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 9 years, 23cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 12 years, 45cmReady to ship
- Chinese Juniper, Bonsai, 12 years, 38cmReady to ship
Care in a nutshell
Wiring: Juniper bonsai can be wired all year round. The bonsai wire does not grow in too quickly and usually has to stay on the tree for 1-2 years, otherwise the branches will bend back to their original position after being shaped. To unwire the bonsai, you should use a wire cutter to cut the wire into small pieces and then remove it.
Fertilisation: Juniperus bonsai are supplied with organic bonsai fertilizers during the growing season. Suitable for this: Biogold, Hanagokoro or Liquid fertilizer. With high nitrogen levels, some Junipers form prickly leaves. This is why finished juniperus bonsai should not be fertilized too rich with nitrogen.
Juniper bonsai in Japan
Irrigation: Juniper bonsai grow best with even watering. In midsummer they can withstand intermittent dryness in a sunny location.
Pruning: Junipers can be cut with a bonsai scissors. They tolerate drastic pruning well, but then sometimes form prickly leaves. Therefore, finished bonsai should be pinched.
Overwintering: Juniper trees are extremely hardy outdoor bonsai trees and can even be hibernated outdoors under certain conditions (partially shaded, protected from wind).
Repotting: You should be very careful when repotting. Many Junipers (especially the Common juniper - Juniperus communis) react sensitively if they are repotted at the wrong time or too drastically. For this reason, as few roots as possible should be cut off. Kiryu is particularly suitable as bonsai soil. Akadama can also be used.
Juniper bonsai - Japan import
We import most Juniper bonsai directly from Japan. The Junipers are selected by hand in the autumn in Japanese export nursery. The selected Juniper bonsai are then transported in January of the following year in a refrigerated container to Germany.
Most Juniper bonsai arrive at the end of February, but unfortunately can not be sold immediately. The bonsai must be quarantined for at least 3 months (usually until the beginning of July) to prevent the introduction of plant diseases and pests. During the quarantine period, we are inspected monthly by the German Plant Protection Agency.
On the following pictures you can see the offer of Juniper bonsai and prebonsai in Japan.