A redwood is a popular bonsai species and grows very quickly even in the bonsai pot. With a sequoia tree, good results can be achieved quickly when styling as a bonsai. Redwood bonsai quickly compensate for mistakes in bonsai care through their growth vigor.
What are the advantages of a redwood as a bonsai ?
- As a bonsai tree, Metasequoia has hardly any pests or diseases worth mentioning
- The branches of older redwood bonsai can still be bent well after being wired
- The dawn redwood is an absolutely hardy outdoor bonsai
- After pruning a bonsai tree the wounds close quickly, even without wound sealant
- The rapid growth enables a quick styling of a bonsai from a prebonsai
- Due to the good cut tolerance with extreme bud formation, the sequoia is a very suitable bonsai for beginners. Bonsai care is simple and straightforward
Redwood bonsai for sale
We import the sequoia trees available for purchase here in the shop mostly from Asia. In Wenddorf we also offer redwood bonsai from our own production. Here you can buy your redwood bonsai. Orders placed on weekdays until 2 pm. are dispatched the same day.
Care in a nutshell
Irrigation: Sequoia bonsai need a lot of water in midsummer and then often have to be watered in the morning and evening.
Pruning: Cut back 2-3 times a year with a sharp bonsai scissor (for young shoots) or a concave bonsai cutter for removing stonger branches. The dawn redwood grows very quickly with good fertilization.
Overwintering: The sequoia is absolutely hardy. We hibernate the bonsai in the unheated foil tent down to -15 ° C without any noteworthy problems.