- Bonsai trees
- Apple, crab apple (Malus) (139)
- Azalea bonsai (371)
- Cherry bonsai (Prunus) (139)
- Cotoneaster Bonsai (7)
- Sequoia bonsai (Metasequoia) (75)
- Elm Bonsai (70)
- Firethorn bonsai (Pyracantha) (1)
- Hornbeam bonsai (Carpinus) (30)
- Japanese maple bonsai (Acer palmatum) (269)
- Juniper Bonsai (61)
- Larch bonsai (Larix) (77)
- Maple bonsai (Acer) (149)
- Pine bonsai (183)
- Spindle tree bonsai (30)
- Other outdoors (25)
- Mediterranean Bonsai (112)
- Bonsai, Indoor (700)
- Prebonsai, Raw material (294)
- Bonsai masterpieces with video (52)
- Tree seeds (70)
- Conifer bonsai (443)
- Flowering bonsai (717)
- Bonsai, Outdoor (1626)
- Bonsai pots
- Bonsai pots (glaced) (268)
- Bonsai pots (unglaced) (57)
- Bonsai pots (glaced, handmade) (9)
- Bonsai pots (unglaced, handmade) (313)
- Bonsai pots (unglaced, Premium) (104)
- Bonsai pots with drip tray (60)
- Bonsai pot drip trays (70)
- Plastic bonsai pots, container (52)
- Bonsai mesh (6)
- Bonsai supplies
- Bonsai fertilizer (27)
- Bonsai literature (5)
- Bonsai tools (84)
- Clay figures (81)
- Mykorrhiza for bonsai (17)
- Protection for bonsai (4)
- Scoll painting, Calligraphy (420)
- Soil for Bonsai (37)
- Wire for bonsai (20)
- Miscellaneous (45)
- Bonsai tree species
- Bonsai care
- Bonsai design
- Bonsai dictionary
- New article
Bonsai expert advice if needed
Our experience - your advantage
Own production of bonsai
Direct import = small prices
Immediate Shipping to Europe
Right to return and exchange
All major payment methods
SSL-Encryption = Your Security
Bonsai mesh fixation of bonsai pot water wholes: How to fix - Step by Step
Root cells need, like other plant cells, oxygen.
For that your bonsai soil should be well-drained and should have sufficiently large drainage holes in the bottom of the bonsai pot.
Especially with large drainage holes the substrate trickles after repotting from the drainage holes. Therefore, these openings are covered with plastic grids.
How to do that ? Quite simply. Just follow this step by step guide:
1. Cut a plastic net / mesh with an old bonsai scissors.
It should be slightly larger than the drainage hole of the bonsai pot.
2. Cut wire.
It is sufficient if the wire is about 3-4 times as long as the diameter of the drainage hole. 1.5mm aluminum wire is perfect for this. If the wire is thinner the grid slip easily during potting. If it is too thick, it can be difficult threading through and turn / bow it in the right position.
3. Bend the wire U-shaped.
The width of the U should match the diameter of the drainage hole.