18 years old Amur maple in a bonsai pot. This bonsai is approx. 59cm high and was made in our bonsai nursery.
A Amur maple (botanically Acer ginnala, also Acer tataricum ginnala) is a species of maple with fire-red autumn color. It is rarely offered commercially as a bonsai.
In our opinion, it is the best native maple species for bonsai design for the following reasons:
- An amur maple bonsai quickly forms many roots and does not cause any problems when repotting, even if the roots are heavily pruned
- Amur maples are particularly effective due to their striking autumn colors. The small leaves are perfect for design
- This species is very vigorous and quickly forms a thick trunk
- Good ramification can be achieved quickly with amur maple by pincing. A leaf cut is well tolerated
- As an easy-care tree species, a amur maple is well suited for beginners
When ordering, you will always get the bonsai displayed on the picture (no. 181-11).
Important note on the size: A bonsai is a tree in a bonsai pot. For this reason the size of the bonsai is in every case the size with the bonsai pot.